- Said something negative about another woman and denied it when she asked?
- Talked negatively about a woman behind her back and smiled to her face?
- Made a commitment to support another woman and didn’t do it when the time came?
- Said to someone, “She’s such a bitch”?
- Made fun of another woman’s appearance behind her back?
- Said or thought, “You can’t trust women”?
- Spread a rumor that you had heard that cast doubt on another woman’s competence?
- Seen another woman’s ideas attacked or ignored in a meeting, whether you agreed with them or not, while you sat back and watched in silence?
1–3 checks = You exhibit low internalization of negative stereotypes about women.
4–6 checks = You exhibit moderate internalization of negative stereotypes about women.
7+ checks = You exhibit strong internalization of negative stereotypes about women.2. Think about your vision for how you would like women to behave toward each other at work. Create a personal code of conduct for how you want to behave. Post it and look at it daily to remind yourself of how you want to be. An excerpt from my book, New Rules for Women, available at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/dp/0982056982/).]]>