- Laughed at a joke told by a man at the expense of a woman?
- Assumed a woman got promoted because of whom she slept with?
- Assumed a woman got a job because of a quota?
- Talked about other women with men to be accepted as “one of the boys”?
- Said another woman was too sensitive about gender issues?
- Been more critical of women leaders than of men?
- Said, “I hate working for women”?
- Consciously undermined a woman leader?
1–2 checks = You are relatively supportive of other women. 3–4 checks = You are somewhat less supportive of other women. 5+ checks = You have a strong tendency to not be supportive of other women.
- Notice your reflex to be critical or dismissive of other women, especially if they are successful. Ask a buddy to do this exercise with you. When you each notice the reflex to be critical or dismissive of other women, mark it down in a notebook or electronic notepad. Share your marks with each other weekly to help each other see patterns and raise your awareness.